A drama based on the life of Ronald Reagan, from his childhood to his time in the oval office.
"REAGAN: The Movie" takes viewers on a journey through the life of one of the most consequential men in American history, Ronald Wilson Reagan. From his hometown of Dixon, Illinois, to Hollywood where he became an actor and President of the Screen Actors Guild, to Sacramento and on to Washington DC where he led a revolution for the things he believed in, REAGAN follows the life of an ordinary man with extraordinary vision who accomplished extraordinary things.
When asked in a recent poll to rate American Presidents, 18% of Americans chose Ronald Wilson Reagan as the best President the nation has ever had, 16% chose John F. Kennedy and 14% selected Abraham Lincoln. Another poll asked Americans to rate their favorite American of all time and 24% chose Ronald Reagan. Although viewed favorably today by large majorities, during his time in office he was a divisive figure, both widely admired and loathed, mocked by one Washington insider as an amiable dunce.
Today, Ronald Reagan transcends politics and has reached iconic status. He is no longer Ronald Reagan, actor-turned-politician, but an American icon, revered by many. REAGAN: The Movie, based on two biographies of Reagan by historian Paul Kengor, The Crusader and God & Ronald Reagan, will take viewers on the journey of a lifetime as they follow the All-American story of the boy from Dixon, Illinois who grew up to be President and changed a nation and the world.
Reagan's story is told through the unique voice of the Viktor, the KGB agent (a composite character based on real events) who closely followed Reagan since his days in Hollywood as an anti-Communist crusader. The film begins with an aging Viktor, now 90 years old, being visited by a young Russian leader who wants to know how the Soviet Union was lost. Viktor, the spy who known everything there is to know about Reagan, begins recounting the tab of his great adversary: the man the KGB nicknamed "The Crusader", beginning in 1922 when 11-year old Roland Reagan goes through his first life crisis.
From the classroom to the Oval Office, we will grow with the man until the day he is shot. We will then witness his renewed faith, and see it in action as he plants the seeds that will bring an Evil Empire to its knees and allow him to triumph over tyranny without firing a single shot.
- Dennis Quaid — Best known for Legion; G.I. Joe; Smart People; American Dreamz; The Day After Tomorrow; The Parent Trap; The Rookie
- Kyle Chandler — Best known for Friday Night Lights; The Day the Earth Stood Still; King Kong; The Kingdom; Morning Edition
- James Marsden — Best known for The Box; X-Men; Superman Returns; The Notebook; Enchanted; 27 Dresses; Ally McBeal
- Jim Caviezel — Best known for The Passion of the Christ; Bobby Jones; Count of Monte Cristo; Pay It Forward; The Thin Red Line; Angel Eyes
- Tom Selleck — Best known for Reagan's Law; Boston Legal; Friends; The Love Letter
- Armie Hammer — Best known for Billy: The Early Years; Gossip Girl; 2081; Reaper
- Janine Turner — Best known for Leave it to Beaver; Cliffhanger; Northern Exposure
- Reese Witherspoon — Best known for Walk the Line; Sweet Home Alabama; Legally Blonde; Rendition; Four Christmases
- Patricia Heaton — Best known for Everybody Love Raymond; Back to You; The Middle
- Ally Sheedy — Best known for The Breakfast Club; St. Elmo's Fire; X-Men: Apocalypse
- Michelle Pfeiffer — Best known for Dangerous Minds; What Lies Beneath; Tequila Sunrise; Scarface
- Renee Zellweger — Best known for Jerry McGuire; Bridget Jones's Diary; Cold Mountain; Chicago
- Jenn Gotzon — Best known for Frost/Nixon; Stained; Role Models; (500) Days of Sumer; Hulk
Mark Joseph, Producer. Mark brings his extensive experience in filmmaking to Reagan as lead producer. His most recent production, Doonby, starring John Schneider and Robert Davi releases in 2011. Mark has been involved in the development and/or marketing of 21 feature films and his campaigns have included The Chronicles of Narnia, Ray, Holes and The Passion of The Christ for which he produced the inspired by soundtrack.
Ralph Winter, Producer. Ralph Winter is an industry veteran with over $2b in film performance having been a producer on the Star Trek and X-Men series. His last film X-Men Origins: Wolverine grossed over $370M worldwide. He is a popular speaker at industry events such as Comi-Con and college campuses.
Howard A. Klausner, Screenwriter. Howard A. Klausner is a twenty-year veteran screenwriter, author and filmmaker. His writing credits include Space Cowboys, The Last Ride, and The Grace Card.
Jonas McCord, Screenwriter. Jonas McCord has won an Oscar, an Emmy and a Peabody award for his work in film as a writer/director. He wrote the award-winning film Malice, and directed another award-winning film, The Body, starring Antonio Banderas.